21 Sep Culture of Wellness at Park Springs Includes Social Wellness
September is Healthy Aging Month. At Park Springs, the luxury retirement community in Stone Mountain, we also focus on social wellness and its importance to overall wellbeing in addition to physical health and fitness.
What is social wellness?
Social wellness requires one to not only reach out to others – but also to accept similar efforts returned by their peers. A socially well individual exhibits understanding, communication, participation, and courtesy toward all living things that surround them.
Social Wellness includes Engagement, Communication and Cooperation. It also involves developing, nourishing and encouraging satisfying inter-personal relationships, thus promoting quality of life while decreasing the risk of disease.
Some Park Springs Members told us what Social Wellness meant to them:
- Visiting and enjoying people
- Participating in social events, group activities
- Cooperating and getting along with others
- Communication skills
- Understanding diversity
- Making and keeping friends, ability and opportunity to interact.
- Able to share good times.
At Park Springs, we offer many opportunities for Social Wellness:
- Wellness Presentations, Themed Parties
- Outings to the local theater, symphony, museum, shopping, or dining out on the town.
- Park Springs Chorus, Mello Tones (Men‘s Chorus), Vintage Vinyl, Ballroom Dance
- Water Volleyball, Group Exercise Classes (i.e., Arthricize, Stretch, Tone, & Balance, Yoga, Tai Chi, Walking Club, Guided Imagery, etc.), Wii Bowling League
- Men‘s Forum, Women’s Forum, Cornerstone Fellowship, Bible Study, Senior Scholars.
- Bridge, Rummikub, Mahjong, Poker, Bingo, enjoying movies in the theater.
To learn more about living well at Park Springs, Atlanta’s top quality continuing care retirement community, please contact one of Park Springs’ Residency Counselors by calling 678-684-3300 or visiting www.parksprings.com.