Members In Motion
Inspired by a study shared by Erika, a Parks Springs nurse, the team created Members in Motion (MIM), a physical activity initiative.
- The goal is to engage Members in fun and meaningful physical activity.
- Sarah, a quiet but vibrant Member of the Household, shares that she was a member of the 1930 Smith College tennis team.
- Some Members work with Park Springs PT and wellness staff to develop a regular program of exercises tailored to their needs.
- The idea arose organically from a care partner who felt encouraged to try out a new concept.
- Members in Motion is a focused initiative to empower Members to see themselves as active and engaged in life.
- Complementary activities include discussion groups about relevant news stories.
- Members and staff encourage one another’s involvement and celebrate one another’s successes.