Engagement with music has proven benefits for seniors and offers an avenue of expression.
- On Music Monday, Members’ playlists are featured throughout the day.
- Every day, care partners offer Household Members an iPod programmed with Members’ individual playlists.
- Members and interested staff of all experience levels have formed a choir.
- Staff specially trained in leading music programs work with Members to encourage musical communication, promote memory, and improve health.
- Members participate in musical outings and welcome visitors.
- Park Springs helps Members use music to recall, rejuvenate and rejoice.
- Household staff are trained to understand the role of music in cognitive and physical health.
- The primary focus of music in the Household is responding to Member interests and enhancing daily life.