01 Mar Pet Therapy Benefits Seniors at Cobblestone
“It is just fabulous to see our residents smile and react when Sheena comes to visit,” notes Debra Morgan, Administrator of Cobblestone Health Center at Park Springs CCRC. Sheena is a service bird, a magnificent, sparkling white cockatoo. She especially enjoys being petted and admired by the seniors who live at Julia’s Suites, Park Springs’ memory care facility, or at the nursing home within Park Springs, Pebblebrook.
“Pet therapy is a popular method of therapy for seniors and really adds to their quality of life. The advantages of an animal-human bond have been known for centuries. It is well-documented that this type of fun interaction with animals has physical, mental, and emotional benefits,” says Morgan.
Sheena’s owner, Celia Moore, is a Provider Relations consultant at Crossroads Hospice, and they visit Park Springs monthly – to the delight of the residents and staff.
Cobblestone, located within Park Springs CCRC, provides assisted living, skilled nursing, short-term senior rehabilitation and secured memory care. Park Springs Members have assured access to all services, some of which may also available to those who live outside of Park Springs.
Cobblestone Services/Amenities Include:
- Meticulous and inviting surroundings, including a gazebo-style interior courtyard, activity room and beautiful living room with terrace
- Daily meals prepared to individual needs and preferences by the Cobblestone chef; meals which can be enjoyed in the Cobblestone dining room or in one’s suite
- A private dining room where families can celebrate special occasions
- Beautiful walking trails, with access to neighboring Stone Mountain Park
- Daily housekeeping and maintenance
- A full schedule of engaging and productive activities, featuring seasonal celebrations, gardening, music and exercise
- Health services, including 24-hour professional nursing care, medication monitoring and nutritional services
- Physician on staff
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists available
- 24-hour security
- Transportation services
- Laundry facility and services
- On-campus bank, hair salon, general store, library and game room
- Wellness center with fitness equipment, pool, classes and counseling services
- Diverse clubs and interests, cultural events and excursions.