15 Aug Simple Tips to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Posted at 09:49h in Senior Living
For identity thieves, seniors make good targets. Some seniors are seen as an easy mark, or as Carolyn Rosenblatt writes in her recent article in AgingCare.com, “… a sitting duck.”
For the complete article, click here.
Rosenblatt lists a number of simple tips that may help you thwart identity thieves:
- Buy a cross-cut shredder and destroy sensitive mail such as credit card solicitations and bank statements.
- Guard your credit cards, and use as few credit cards as possible.
- Mail letters at a USPS mail box or at the post office, rather than leaving it for the mailman (or thieves!) to pick up at your home.
- Never, ever give out personal information or financial account information over the phone.
- Don’t let anyone copy your entire driver’s license.
Do you have other tips you’d like to share?