27 Aug Tell Me More, What Is a CCRC?
This year, Park Springs, the luxury retirement community in Stone Mountain near Atlanta, celebrates its tenth anniversary as the region’s premier CCRC. Still, even after a decade, many people want to know more about what this designation, CCRC (continuing care retirement community) really means.
As a CCRC, Park Springs offers our Members a private, independent home, a variety of amenities and services – and equally important, wellness and healthcare services which they can access as they desire and need as their personal circumstances may change, including assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
These services are available on the Park Springs campus where the emphasis is on maintaining an independent, active lifestyle. As a continuing care retirement community, Park Springs is licensed and regulated by the Insurance Commissioner and Department of Community Health in the State of Georgia.
This ‘continuum of care’ has proven a major factor in the decision-making process of many seniors– and it offers peace of mind to their adult children, who appreciate the fact that their loved ones have access to Park Springs’ outstanding services and healthcare facilities as they age.
Members at Park Springs also enjoy on-campus amenities such as:
- Fitness center with heated, indoor pool, warm therapy pool, jacuzzi, exercise room, day lockers, showers and spa room
- Four dining venues: the Main Dining Room, the Market Café Bistro, The Springhouse Grill, and the Park Springs Pub
- Library and computer learning center
- Art room, including kiln and woodworking shop
- Walking trails, lake, herb garden, raised gardens for personal gardening, a greenhouse and pétanque court
- Community hall, theatre, game rooms and club rooms
- Bank services, postal services, a beauty/barber shop and convenience shopping
- 90 cumulative days of skilled nursing care for each resident at no additional charge except for meals and ancillary services
To move to Park Springs CCRC, Members pay a one-time entrance fee that entitles them to the exclusive right to live in their selected residence and provides access to and complete use of all campus amenities. The entrance fee also assures our Members access to the onsite healthcare center, either for a temporary or permanent stay.
Whether a member chooses a villa, cottage or home at Park Springs, a monthly service fee is charged. It covers all amenities and services, dining, taxes, and utilities. Please see our Compare the Value page for more details.
The entrance fee does not deliver title to the residence. If a Member leaves for any reason, a portion of the entrance fee may be refunded to the resident or to his or her estate upon receipt of the next entrance fee for the residence.
In order to be a Park Springs Member, you or your spouse must be at least 62 years of age and possess income and resources sufficient to meet financial requirements. You or your spouse must be capable of living independently, however, if one partner needs skilled nursing or memory care, it is available on campus and couples can continue to live at Park Springs.
To learn more about planning ahead and living at Park Springs, our top quality continuing care retirement community, please contact one of Park Springs’ Residency Counselors by calling 678-684-3300 or visiting www.parksprings.com.