13 Feb What Are Some of the Things You Taught Your Children?
Recently, a great article by Sharon Greenthal appeared in the Huffington Post. Like parents everywhere, she shares her life lessons with her children, some practical, some profound – and some quite unexpected:
- Never go anywhere empty-handed. Always bring a little something for the host or hostess.
- Go when you’re invited. Always accept an invitation. You never know who you’ll meet or what will happen.
- Be patient and take your time.
- Be nice to the outcasts.
- When you meet someone new, ask questions. If you ask questions and are interested in someone when you meet them, they’ll like you and remember you.
- Write thank-you notes.
- If something fits you really well, buy it in two colors.
- Leave a nice tip.
- Brownies are appropriate for nearly anything.
- What goes around, comes around – both positive and negative.
What are some of the life lessons you taught YOUR Children?