15 Jun What Is a CCRC – and Is It for Me?
Park Springs, the luxury retirement community in Stone Mountain near Atlanta, is known as the region’s premier CCRC: Continuing Care Retirement Community. But even though Park Springs’ beautifully landscaped 54-acre campus opened more than a decade ago, many people still want to know more about what this CCRC designation really means.
As a CCRC, Park Springs offers Members the opportunity to live in their own private, independent home, enjoy a wide variety of amenities and services, and the ability to access to wellness and healthcare services including assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care that Members may need as their personal circumstances change.
Access to Wellness and Healthcare Services
These wellness and healthcare services are available right on the Park Springs campus where the emphasis is on maintaining an independent, active lifestyle.
As a continuing care retirement community, Park Springs is licensed and regulated by the Insurance Commissioner and Department of Community Health in the State of Georgia.
Peace of Mind
This ‘continuum of care’ proves to be a major factor in the decision-making process of many seniors – and it offers peace of mind to their adult children, who appreciate the fact that their loved ones have access to Park Springs’ outstanding services and award-winning healthcare facilities as they age.
Members at Park Springs also enjoy on-campus amenities such as:
- Fitness center with heated, indoor pool, warm therapy pool, jacuzzi, exercise room, day lockers, showers and spa room
- Four dining venues: the Main Dining Room, the Market Café Bistro, The Springhouse Grill, and the Park Springs Pub
- Library and computer learning center
- Art room, including kiln and woodworking shop
- Walking trails, lake, herb garden, raised gardens for personal gardening, and a greenhouse
- Community hall, theatre, game rooms and club rooms
- Bank services, postal services, a beauty/barber shop and convenience shopping
- 90 cumulative days of skilled nursing care for each resident at no additional charge except for meals and ancillary services
To move to Park Springs CCRC, Members pay a one-time entrance fee that entitles them to the exclusive right to live in their selected residence. This fee provides access to and complete use of all campus amenities. As a CCRC, the entrance fee also assures Members access to the onsite healthcare center, either for a temporary or permanent stay.
Whether a member chooses a villa, cottage or home at Park Springs, a monthly service fee is charged. It covers all amenities and services, dining, taxes, and utilities. Please see our Compare the Value page for more details.
In order to be a Park Springs Member, you or your spouse must be at least 62 years of age and possess income and resources sufficient to meet financial requirements. You or your spouse must be capable of living independently, however, if one partner needs skilled nursing or memory care, it is available on campus and couples can continue to live at Park Springs.
To learn more about planning ahead and living at Park Springs, the area’s finest continuing care retirement community, please contact one of Park Springs’ Residency Counselors by calling 678-684-3300 or visiting www.parksprings.com.